Wednesday 6 March 2013

February Favorites

Hello Lovelies!
Today I want to share my favorite things from the month of February! I thought this post would be pretty short, but it's turned out to be rather long!
Starting with skin and health care;
 Shesido - Ma Cherie Perfect Shower Smooth
I bought this from Taiwan after reading Qui Qui's blog about it, and I think it is so nice!  I generally use it on the ends of my hair which can become quite dry and frizzy, but Ma Cherie Perfect Shower smooths them down and makes them look silky soft ^^ It also smells fruity and delicious.
Shiseido - Perfect Whip Foam
This cleanser is so soft and foamy, it makes my skin feel squeaky clean and doesn't leave it dry afterwards! A little goes a long way, so it's great value for money.

Rosette - Hello Kitty Hyaluronic Acid Gel
I call this my Kitty Cream ^^ even though it's a gel. It's free of fragrance and mineral oil and acts as a lotion, essence, emulsion, and cream, and even helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It has the tendency to be quite sticky if I use too much, and it does make my skin kinda greasy so I can only wear a super tiny amount during the day (great for makeup bases though). For night time use it's amazingly moisturizing which I love!

Almay - Oil free makeup remover pads
These are super handy! Since I have eyelash extensions I can't use oil based makeup removers on my lashes because they will deteriorate the glue :C But I picked these up for $3 at the makeup sale. (Bargain!) They are pre-soaked so are super quick to use, don't actually smell like anything, and are non-drying.
This is now one of my MUST-HAVE products. It's a super soft jelly cleansing puff that you can use day and night to gently exfoliate your skin. It's so soft I can't feel it doing much to my skin, but after I'm done I can really feel the difference! My skin feels so soft and clean, it really is amazing! I'm super glad my little sister convinced me to purchase this, it's definitely helped to clear up my breakouts. At only $9.50NZD this baby will last you 6months at the very least, it even comes with a little string to hang it up to dry! It dry's out and becomes stiff when not used, but when squeezed under water it bounces back to its usual soft state.

I got this little bottle as a tester when I purchased my Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream earlier this year. It is one of the BEST make up removers I have ever used! It removed my mascara perfectly (before eyelash extensions) and easily, it only took 3 hand swipes to remove the waterproof mascara. It leaves my skin feeling soft  and somehow clean after using it, and it even feels better than that if I am removing any of my Missha BB Cream. Super duper soft and silky!

My Scheming -Milk Extract Brightening Mask
I've been using this mask once a week for a bit of a treat for my skin, and it feels so relaxing! ^^ It does seem to brighten up my complexion somewhat, and leaves my skin feeling silky soft and well hydrated. I'm using one now as we speak! ^^

And now for the Beauty side!
Missha - Signature Complete BB Cream (shade 21)
Since I got a little tanner during the summer, I'm using my Signature Complete BB Cream in shade 21 rather than my Perfect Cover BB Cream in shade 13. I find that the Signature Complete BB Cream works with my skin so well, it covers up my pores completely, and the majority of my dark acne scars too. I still have my little bottle I bought back from Taiwan last year because it's so luxurious that I limit myself to how much I use of it, but since we have a Missha store here in New Zealand now I think I'm going to buy myself a full size tube. For $53NZD It's just that good.

Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (Rose Petal)
This blush is so interesting! Its a super soft cream/powder and touching it just makes me want to push my fingers right through it! It's the perfect colour to give me a natural looking flush, and I've been searching for a pink pale enough for me for quite some time! It's super easy to apply and blends beautifully.
I honestly wish this wasn't labeled "They Style Art Designing" the case would've looked so cute without the "Art Designing" shining across the bottom. Nevertheless this is a really great finishing powder which helps to reduce the redness of my skin and the shine of oil buildup. I prefer to use a stippling brush to apply this powder since it gets into my pores more, but when I'm out and need to use it the little puff works pretty good. It does seem slightly unhygienic though.
OPI - Strawberry Margarita
 This shade reminds me of summer! Such a fun cute colour. ^^

Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Sweetheart
This is a super cute lip stain a different style for me. It's used sort of like a super soft crayon, and smells and tastes like peppermint. Mmmn. The colour payoff for Sweetheart is fantastic and vibrant, and a little goes a long way. It's very moisturizing and this coloured stain stays on my lips for about 24 hours, after using makeup remover and brushing my teeth, it just won't come off. ><
Revlon - Lip Butter - Raspberry Pie
I'm totally in love with Revlon's Lip Butters range, Raspberry Pie in particular! I've been into the rich berry lips during February, and this shade is just so pretty!
Lush - A Million Kisses Lip Stain
This  lips stain is kinda my favorite and kinda not. The colour payoff is amazing, as is the taste, smell and appearance of this Lip Stain. However its super drying on my lips and you have to dip your finger in the pot to get the product. This is a little unhygienic (which I don't actually mind since I don't need to double dip) but mostly annoying because it's just plain messy.
To use this product, I mix my favorite lip balm (Luca's pawpaw ointment at the moment) with the lip stain on the back of my hand. This dilutes the colour if you don't want such a rich colour, but is also very build-able to get the same colour as the original product, minus the dryness.

Phew! That's quite a lot of favorite things I have for the month! 
I bought this loose knitted sweater from Dotti and it was such a good buy at $20. It's perfect for the in-between weather we are having at the moment where it's hot one minute and cold the next!


28 comments:

  1. love your blog.. :D
    i follow u now.. :)
    follow back at http://cherryqueendee.blogspot.ro/ if u want.. :D
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! ^^ I follow your blog, such cute posts! ^^ ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. You're adorable with those cat ears, very beautiful!
    Thank you for your comment on my blog, I'd love to follow each other. I'm already following you, hope you'll do the same :)

    Roxx
    http://roxxanaifrim.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! (: following your gorgeous blog ^^ ♥♥♥

      Delete
  3. Aw thank you honey (:
    Of course I want to follow you!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren ! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog ! Following you with pleasure ! One of the things I most appreciate about blogging is meeting people all over the world !! Stay in touch !

    XX Luba
    Well Living Blog

    http://www.well-living-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by at my blog. Sure I would love to follow each other- I like your blog and your look. I just followed you via GFC. :)

    http://sheadorescouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great makeup look and looks like an amazing makeup haul!

    Thank you for dropping by my blog earlier and leaving me that sweet comment :) I am following you now on GFC! Hope you can follow me too :) Can't wait to read more posts from you! BIG HUGS!

    XOXO
    www.MusingsofaMakeupMaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog is sooo cute!
    and thank you for your lovely comment!


    of course we can follow each other! I'd love to!
    i follow you now :)


    love,
    angelic.a

    it-is-couture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog!
    Now I'm following you...
    Do you follow me back?
    Ks
    www.expressyourselfbypaolalauretano.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this haul post =D I love your hello kitty stuff <3 I'm your newest follower via google #27 and bloglovin. I'd love it if you could check out my blog and follow back? Also, it'd be great if we'd be able to connect on twitter! Let me know if you add me, so that I can follow you back there too =D

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: Sensiblestylist

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so pretty!! Love your skin!

    I'm following you now on GFC and Bloglovin, hope you follow me back :)
    http://beatricemalveda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting my blog hon, and for following I am happily following you back on GFC now. I have lots of similar shades of OPI to your strawberry margarita, I love those shades in summer, especially with a tan. Don't be a stranger and come visit sometimes :)
    Angela x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are beautiful, love your hair and makeup.
    Wondering if you would like to follow each other?
    Please let me know, i follow back right away.
    YuliConversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute post and blog! I love your makeup - I really need me some new makeup right now, thanks for the ideas =)

    - Che

    style-che.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! I absolutely adore OPI Strawberry Margarita polish! I think it is one of the things I can't live without right now. I actually had to search to find it because it was sold out everywhere around here. It is absolutely the best pink! Thank you for following me! http://pika-steph.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you have so many favorites! I want all those things ;-; Hehe
    Great blog! I adore your nail art posts, they're so pretty ^.^
    Check out my blog, maybe? c:
    ~Sakura
    http://redsakurabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. hiii youre very beatiful and your blog is cool! I like it so much!!
    This is my blog, im from veracruz, mexico ♥
    http://mikonekofearofthedark.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...