Friday 10 October 2014

First Impression: YSL Forever Light Creator CC Cream; Rose and Lavender

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about one of the higher end CC Creams, the Yves Saint Laurent Forever Light Creator CC Cream in Rose and Lavender! I first picked up a tester of the Lavender CC Cream because I thought that the Lavender shade would be good for my skin, but later went back and picked up the Rose colour because the Lavender was too dark. :C I usually only like Asian CC Creams, so how did this Western CC Cream compare?

 What Is It?
"FLAWLESS SKIN DIFFUSES PURE LIGHT. The first CC cream by YSL, integrating the GlycanactifWT™ complex, visibly corrects the appearance of skin tone irregularities immediately helping each woman to reveal their individual glow. Upon application, the lightweight refreshing texture with colour correcting pigments evens skin tone for a natural looking radiant effect. Skin's appearance is visibly improved: texture looks smooth, pores appear minimised and imperfections look reduced. Skin discovers an exceptional radiance and looks more flawless. Broad spectrum UVA/UVB helps to protect against the visible signs of premature skin ageing. Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin. SPF 35. 

Available in three shades to answer all skin colour irregularities: Apricot: For a healthy golden glow Lavender: For a natural bright glow Rose: For a fresh rosy glow The benefits: Even-toned: the tinted formula conceals colour irregularities Correction: improves the appearance of imperfections such as dark spots, pores and redness Uniformity: evens skin tone and texture looks more refined Radiance: helps to reveal skin’s natural glow" (1

The Rose shade is supposed to be for pale skin (as usual) but since I don't always suit pinky shades I wasn't super sure about how this would work for my warm toned skin.
I found that the CC Cream stuck terrible to any dry patches on my face. It actually stuck to skin that I never even thought was dry and made my skin look dry and flakey overall.
The Rose shade makes my face look a little too pink in comparison to my neck.
It did not help with pores, fine lines or longevity of my foundation. In fact it actually made the foundation settle into my pores more than usual.
The Lavender colour was even worse for colour than the Rose, but with the same skincare effect.
I have to say that the only thing I liked about this CC Cream was that it made my skin feel beautiful after I took it off. I assume that it's the added skincare in the CC Cream, so I'd prefer to buy the regular skincare rather than a CC Cream that makes my skin look so dry!

Would I Purchase This Product?
No. It's incredibly expensive, both of the colours look terrible on my skin tone and the CC Cream makes my skin look so dry and icky! I'd rather use my money to buy the skincare that comes with this CC Cream which made my face feel so beautiful!

I hope this review was helpful for you Princesses who may not have a local YSL counter! ^.^

3 comments:

  1. I have dry skin and my favourit cc cream is the saem gem miracle one I reviewed in my blog. It spreads so easily and its the most moist cc cream I've ever tried. For pore coverage I like etude house cc cream silky version but I can only use it when its hot and humid, if not it makes my dry patches soo visible :(
    I've tried missha black one it was the most drying cc cream :(
    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. your review just saved me some bucks $$ :) I was so tempted to try this... Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like this cc cream either. Super drying :( and not pretty. Expensive too!!! So sad.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...