Wednesday 28 January 2015

Review - Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation; 110

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation in shade 110! This is the lightest shade that Maybelline produced in their Fit Me range, and is actually quite pale and yellow toned, which is great for me of course! ^.^
This foundation comes in a short but chubby roll up tube, which is the perfect handbag size for touch ups. The key part of this foundation is the "Anti shine core" which is supposed to keep you shine free. I have moderately oily skin, so I was pretty excited when this popped up! This product was released in 2014 and I've had my tube for a wee while, but haven't gotten around to reviewing it yet.
The shade is quite pale and yellow toned, which matches my skin tone really well! This product is included in my super pale product swatches so you can click here to see how it compares to other shades of super pale products!
This product is really easy to apply, especially if you're in a rush! I simply run the stick over my skin, and focus on where I would like the most coverage to be. If you want higher coverage I would suggest using a brush to blend the product into your skin, if you want lighter coverage I would suggest using a damp sponge instead. I do have acne, so I feel like rubbing this little stick all over my acne is super gross, so i use a clean finger or brush to apply this stick to areas with acne to avoid cross contamination. Ick.
I found that this product had very light coverage. I could see all of my freckles and acne scars even though I used a domed kabuki brush to blend it in. You could build up the coverage, but it starts to look a little cakey.
This product claims that the "Lightweight powders in the anti-shine core instantly dissolves excess oil". I would like to disagree with that claim, because I find that this product actually has less oil control than my regular foundations. I can wear it for about 3 hours with no problems, but once I get past the 3 hour mark it's shine city.
Flattering.

What I Love
- Inexpensive
- Quite a good colour (a touch too dark)
- Easy and fast to apply


What I Don't Love
- I can't wear it for more than 3 hours without looking sweaty
- Unhygienic for people with acne
- I don't really think the anti-shine core does anything
Final Thoughts
I really didn't like this product. It was incredibly hyped up when it was first released, as the perfect contour and highlight stick (which I agree would be quite good if I could find a highlighter shade) but it fell really flat for me because I just can't wear it for more than three hours. I do find a lot of products that won't last more than three hours on my skin and it's really pointless to hold on to them all, so in this case, this product will go to a more loving home!

Have you tried this foundation? Did the "Anti-shine core" work for you?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I was tempted to try this product but I think it wouldn't be great for my oily skin either.

    Put The Radio On

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have super oily skin too and with the right powder, this wasn't bad. but it didn't do anything for coverage :/

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...