Friday 24 April 2015

First Impression: NARS Light Optimizing Primer

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the NARS Light Optimizing Primer! I picked up a couple of these samples when I purchased the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation and the NARS Soft Velvet Loose Powder in Taipei. All of the stores in Taipei and Kaohsiung were so generous with their samples, I wish NZ stores were like that too! ><

What Does It Do?
"Primed. Revived. Radiant. NARS Light Optimizing Primer SPF 15 dramatically extends and transforms the appearance and vibrancy of makeup. Weightless and oil-free, it minimizes signs of fatigue to leave the skin luminous and revived. May also be worn alone as daily sun protection and/or to create a natural luminous complexion." (1)
I was really surprised with the thick creamy texture of this primer, and the radiant appearance it had when blended into the skin! It seems to have a golden sheen, with small sparkles in purple and pink (ish) which is a new look for me, but interestingly I cant see any pink and purple glitter on my face at all, just a lovely golden sheen on the high points of my face.
I don't quite agree that this product dramatically extends the appearance and vibrancy of makeup, in fact apart from the lovely luminous look I got from the golden sheen, I didn't see any difference with the longevity or appearance on my foundations. It did make my skin look quite moisturized and plump though, which was quite nice. It was easy to apply and didn't leave a greasy feeling on my face like a lot of primers do.

Would I Purchase This Product?
At $54NZD for 30mls I would struggle to purchase this primer. For $30NZD I would have already purchased it by now, but for the extra money it's just so expensive and doesn't provide $54 worth of effects in my opinion. It's a lovely primer, giving my plump, luminous looking skin, I love that it has a bit of SPF in it, but it doesn't make my foundation or BB Cream last any longer, which is what I'm really looking for in a primer!
Have you tried any of the NARS Primers? What's your favourite primer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...