Monday 11 May 2015

Fail Product: Etude House Liquid Dispenser

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Etude House Liquid Dispenser! This is going to be a super short fail review because I can't actually find any of these for sale anywhere, and I bought mine in an Etude House store in Taipei. There are other similar options of pump bottles from other brands such as TonyMoly, but I can't find any information on the Etude House one anywhere!
This little see-through bottle is a liquid dispenser from Etude House. These are absolutely everywhere in Taipei cosmetics stores, filled with makeup remover or nail polish remover, so you can try on makeup or polishes and take the off again in the store if they look awful! These are super handy because you just pop a little cotton pad on the top and press it down. They're so easy to use when one had is wet with nail polish or covered in foundation, and you're supposed to be able to store any liquid in these for easy dispersal.
However since this is a fail review, there is something fundamentally wrong with it. I bought it to dispense my nail polish remover easily, but the nail polish remover evaporates out of the dispenser, even when the lids closed! I literally went through a whole bottle of polish remover; it evaporated and leaked out the side of the lid when I tipped it over. -.- 

This is fabulous for storing oil cleansers, toners or other liquids that don't evaporate quickly, but to be able to store nail polish remover I would need to seal the top with petroleum jelly to stop the evaporation. However, it's amazing for storing other liquids due to the no spill build, and that you don't have to physically pick it up to use it!


What I Love
- Inexpensive (mine was about $2NZD)
- Great for liquid removers other than nail polish remover
- Doesn't spill if it's tipped over accidentally
- Clear, so you can see what's in it!


What I Don't Love
- Unable to hold nail polish remover
- I can't find the Etude House ones online at all!


Final Thoughts
I love this little dispenser and the idea behind it, but I just wish it sealed fully so that the polish remover didn't evaporate! I never saw any of the bottles on display ever having this sort of effect, but I guess they were used all day every day anyway. I will continue to use this little pump bottle for my oil cleanser, but it would have been so much better if I could have used it for polish remover since most of my other cleansers come with pumps anyway.

2 comments:

  1. It's a cute dispenser! :) I love it's color :)

    xx
    Rica | www.switbbydoll.com

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...