Friday 22 May 2015

First Impression: Benefit "That Gal" Primer

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about Benefit's "That Gal" primer! I got this cute wee primer when I purchased Benefit's Porefessional a little while ago, and neglected to try it because it was so small that it literally slipped through the cracks! ><

What Does It Do?
"Our silky pink primer takes your complexion from dull to darling! Simply blend it on for the look of brighter, smoother skin. Contains light-reflecting pigments to help brighten all skin tones and raspberry & chamomile to soothe skin.

How to apply
Twist the base until the primer is distributed on the top. Apply with fingertips onto the face. Blend this silky pink primer in an even, upward motion. Wear alone or under makeup for smoother makeup application. Gently pat on during the day to re-brighten your complexion.

Beauty tip
“That gal” is the perfect partner to your foundation or moisturizer. If you're a no-makeup gal, wear it solo for a darling glow."(1

I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious this primer smells! It smells light and fruity, in what I assume is a Raspberry scent since it contains Raspberry and Chamomile. I was a little disappointed that I had to use quite a bit of this primer to cover my whole face, but it really made my face feel super smooth and gave it a gorgeous but subtle glow.
Would I Purchase This Product?
Maybe. At $55NZD this primer is not super wallet friendly since you do need to use a decent amount of product for it to be effective. It gives an absolutely gorgeous "lit from within" type of glow to the skin, but I didn't notice it helping my foundation last longer or apply any better. It smells great though, so that's a total plus for me since a lot of primers smell awful. I like it, but maybe not enough to spend $55NZD on it.

I think this primer would be fantastic for anyone who would want to use it without foundation so their skin would look more moisturised and glowy, or someone whose foundation doesn't need any help staying put or staying oil free, but wants a gorgeously subtle glow. I don't think this primer really suits anyone who used high coverage foundation as the glow is quite subtle and wouldn't shine through a thick base.

2 comments:

  1. nice review! benefit tends to be REALLY hit or miss with me. usually miss actually :( but i can't help trying them out because they have such cute packaging, lol.

    on a side note!! i've been lurking and reading your blog for A LONG TIME and it never occurred to me to comment. so here i am! i love your blog, great reviews that have helped me in buying a lot of stuff and you're so pretty too :)

    gloomypowder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree, I quite like this primer, but I hated the It's Real Push Up Liner! ><
      Thank you for commenting! ^.^ I'm so glad that I could help you find good stuff (but also sorry for helping you spend money hehe)! You're too kind!

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...