Friday 8 May 2015

First Impressions: Trilogy Rosapene Night Cream

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about Trilogy's Rosapene Night Cream! If you didn't already know, I've been using Trilogy's Rosehip Oil for almost a year and a half now and it's one of the products I seriously can't live without. I branched out into their other products and absolutely adored them too, but could never bring myself to purchase this Night Cream because it always felt so greasy on my hands when I swatched it in the stores! I was sent a couple of samples of this from Trilogys online store when I made a purchase from them ages ago!
 What Does It Do?
"Benefits
Start a good day the night before. Enriched with our unique antioxidant-rich Rosapene™ oil blend, this high performance night recovery cream works with the skin’s own natural process for optimum regeneration. Wake up to a brighter, revitalised complexion.
 

How to apply
Apply to cleansed face, skin and décolletage each night before bed.

Ingredients
Aqua (water), Prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Rosa Canina (rosehip) seed oil, Cetearyl olivate (and) sorbitan olivate, Coco-caprylate, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Seed Oil (and) Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (and) Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil (and) Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (and) Tocopherol, Lycopene, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Oil (and) Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract , Avena sativa kernel extract, Euterpe oleracea fruit oil, Honey (mel), Aloe barbadenis leaf extract, Oenothera biennis seed oil, Sclerocarya birrea seed oil, Persea gratissima, Chamomilla recutita flower extract, Calendula officinalis flower extract (and) glycine soja (soybean) oil, Theobroma cacao seed butter, Tocopheryl acetate, Parfum, Rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract, Citric acid, Dehydroacetic acid (and) benzyl alcohol, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool." (1)
This night cream is super rich and nourishing, but if I apply even a little too much it will make my face so oily that I could cook a good meal on it. We're talking about being able visible oil, and if I wipe my face with my fingers I can literally scoop oil off my face. I found that if I used a full skincare regime (oil, serum x2, essence, emulsion) that the additional night cream would just overwhelm my face with oil.
However, if I use just the right amount, or if I use it without a full skincare regime (with just a simple serum and oil when I'm being lazy) it actually works really well and leaves my skin feeling moisturized while not being disgustingly oily.


Would I Purchase This Product?
Yes! Even though this product is over $50NZD, I think it's actually a great product! It's especially good if you are being a little lazy but still want to have nourished and hydrated skin in the morning. It does make my skin very, very oily if I use it in conjunction with many serums, essences, oils and emulsions, but I feel like I can get away without using this type of night cream if I'm doing a full essence, serum and emulsion regime anyway.

Have you tried any of Trilogy's products? What's your favourite Night Cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...