Wednesday 13 May 2015

Review: Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation! I can't remember where I picked this up from or how much it cost me, but I have since figured out that this has been reformulated! Apparently this formula is better anyway though, so who knows!
This foundation is housed in a bright summer blue packaging and comes with a slightly messy squeeze top rather than a pump. It also comes with a little sponge and compact which I've never used, but is cute nonetheless!

"Shiseido's Sun Protection Liquid foundation is broad-spectrum to protect against the harmful rays of the sun. The just-applied looking matte finish is non-transferring which is resistant against perspiration, water and oil."(1)
I picked up the shade SP30 which is the lightest shade (although not the smallest numerically). The consistency of the foundation is extremely runny and very pigmented. It sets quickly on the skin and doesn't really need a setting powder. It does however, oxidize really badly on my skin taking the colour from juust passable, to Oompa Loompa land.
In the time it took me to change out of my PJ's and get ready to go out, the colour has drastically changed.
This foundation provides good coverage with a demi matte finish. It hid my skins redness really well and covered some of the lighter scars. I love that it doesn't look too heavy or cakey on the skin, but I don't love how oily it makes my skin after 6 hours. -.- Ick! But even though it gets super oily, the foundation doesn't break up on my face which is nice.
 What I Love
- Easy to apply (sponge and case included)
- Inexpensive
- Covers redness and light scars
- Lovely demi matte finish
- Doesn't break up on my skin


What I Don't Love
- Oxidises really badly
- Does nothing for oily skin

Final Thoughts
Initially I really enjoyed this foundation, but the oxidisation is so bad and it makes my skin look like it's absolutely drowning in oil after 6 hours. I love that it has a high SPF, covers some redness and scars with a lovely demi matte finish, but the colour just looks absolutely wrong on my face! This would be a great product for people who don't struggle with oily skin, and fit within the shade range! ^.^

2 comments:

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...