Monday 12 October 2015

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about one of my most beloved skincare items, Trilogy's Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+! I've been religiously using this oil day and night for two years and I couldn't be happier with the results that I've seen with this product.
"Benefits
Our unique formulation Rosapene™ provides intense hydration plus daily antioxidant protection.

Combining nourishing essential fatty acids with super antioxidants, lycopene and phytosterol, this certified organic beauty oil is deeply moisturising while helping to protect against environmental free radical damage.

Independent clinical studies show Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+ improves brightening, skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles, elasticity and firmness.
 

How to apply
After cleansing, massage 2-3 drops into face, neck and décolletage. Use morning and/or night alone or in conjunction with your regular moisturising products.


Ingredients
 Rosa Canina (rosehip) seed oil, Solanum lycopersicum (tomato) seed oil (and) caprylic/capric triglyceride (and) vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil (and) helianthus annuus seed oil (and) tocopherol, Lycopene, Euterpe oleracea fruit oil, Avena sativa kernel extract"(1)  
This packaging is very typical to Trilogy products, which feature heavy frosted glass packaging with red and silver labels. This oil has a squeeze dropper to pick up and distribute the oil which is really hygienic, but doesn't quite pick up the last couple of drops. It's no big deal, you can easily tip the bottle to get the last precious dribble.
The colour difference between these two tubes is the difference of time, plus small amounts of sunlight. You must must MUST keep this oil out of any sunlight and keep it tightly closed. Once the oil becomes this pale yellow colour you may as well toss it.
This Rosehip Oil is moderately thick, but easy to blend and absorb into the skin. Unfortunately it doesn't smell like roses, more like fish. Morning and night, I use three drops over my entire face and massage it in while my skin is still a little damp, this helps the oil absorb into my face much quicker and creates less friction on my face when I massage the oil in. I feel like this oil helps my skin retain it's elasticity and it helps my scars to fade. Obviously these results are in conjunction with wearing a good sunscreen and using other good skincare, but I can always feel and see the difference in my skin when I don't use this oil.
What I Love
- Inexpensive at $35.90NZD
- Helps my skin retain elasticity
- Super easy to use
- Helps to fade dark scarring
- Great in conjunction with facial massage 
- Visibly slowed down my skins ageing (with other help of course)



What I Don't Love
- Has to be kept tightly sealed and out of any sunlight
- Smells a little like fish


Final Thoughts
I absolutely adore this facial oil! It does suck that it's such a fragile product that needs to be kept out of the sunlight and has a strict use by 6 months before the product spoils. It's not very expensive at just under $36NZD and since it does last a good 5 months for me (including using it in a facial massage routine). I find that it helps my skin keep feeling firm and bouncy, I haven't had any new wrinkles or saggy skin since using this product and it really does help fade my awful hyper-pigmentation scars.

I would recommend this product for absolutely anyone that can find it for a good price because it's really amazing. I do remember finding it in Taipei for more than twice the price though! :C

2 comments:

  1. If you're looking for a cheaper option (but it's just plain rosehip oil, not a mixture of different oils), I fill up my Trilogy bottle for $4 of pure rosehip oil from my health food store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's an interesting idea! I haven't tried just the pure rosehip so I'm interested to see if there would be any difference!

      Delete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...