Wednesday 14 October 2015

Review: Secret Key Snow White Milky Pack and Cream

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Secret Key Snow White Milky Pack and Cream! I purchased these brightening skincare products in Taipei, but these are found in almost all online Asian cosmetic and skincare stores! These products claim to make the skin whiter and more "beautiful", so I would like to take a moment to say that you don't need white skin to be beautiful. If you like having dark skin, tan skin or pale skin and you think that aspect is beautiful, then great! ^.^ Having white skin does not automatically make you beautiful.

Snow White Milky Pact
Just apply and wash out, and Whitening Pack will brighten your complexion. It's quick absorption will not make it rub off on clothes, and it's smooth texture will make application very easy. Whitening agent niacinamide will multiply the whitening effects. It will provide moisture to keep skin soft and relieve irritated skin. Your skin will look most natural and brilliant, making you look more beautiful. Your skin will look and feel brighter with continued use.
The Milky Pack comes housed in a sturdy plastic squeeze tube. There's a surprisingly large amount of the pack because you can actually use this pack on your entire body (though I would stay away from sensitive areas!!).
This pack has quite a thin consistency and is really easy to spread on the face or body.
It's not water soluble, which makes this Pack really weird to remove. I see a lot of "before and afters" that have such dramatic results, but all it is is that the pack leaves a white residue on skin when not fully removed like in the picture below.
Here is my hand before and after thoroughly removing the pack. See any difference?
Here is the same hand in better lighting. See the difference now? No? Neither.
Here is the Pack on my sweet face! You're supposed to leave it on for a couple of minutes and gently wash it off. No scrubbing or face cloths required. I take that to mean that you're supposed to leave the residue on your face for the whitening effect because there is no way that this washes off without a face cloth.
See any whitening of the skin here? Nope. Niacinamide is a whitening agent that works slowly over time, so I'd need to use it at least once a week to get long term results. This mask claims instant results, but I can't stand leaving the residue on my skin so it's not happening for me.

Snow White Cream
Provides healthy complexion for dull or makeup-less skin for bright and luminous look. Applies lightly on skin without oily or sticky sensation, for soft and lustrous skin. Also, whitening agent niacinamide suppresses the formation of melanin, for gorgeous skin tone. Soft moisture is delivered deep into skin for energetic, resilient skin. In place of thick base makeup, just use Snow White Princess Cream for beautiful skin. It's an all-in-one makeup that needs no other. It will adhere closely to sebum to prevent oiliness, making the need for makeup retouching not as frequent. Also, it prevents pores from enlarging due to sebum, for baby-like skin. Natural amino acid moisturiser betaine extracted from sugar beets provides suppleness and resilience to skin.
The Snow White Cream comes packaged in an adorable, yet not so secure plastic jar. I love that the jar is plastic because if I drop it it'll bounce rather than shatter, but the lid doesn't look like it seals very well, so I need to replace the inside cap every time I use the cream. This cream does come with a little spatula which I love, it means that the cream stays hygienic and doesn't get under my long nails!
This cream has a really interesting texture, it's super soft and almost melts like butter when being spread. It has a very distinct scent, almost like a soft baby powder scent. I don't mind this at all, but fragrances can be really irritating to sensitive skin, so just be aware of that!
This cream does leave a while cast on my face, which is what it claims to do. However, if I apply too much or two layers of the cream you can literally see the cream pilling up (rolling off in wee balls) and it clings to my fingers! It claims to control oil and help makeup stay fresher for longer, but I haven't seen any of that at all.
I can see the difference between the left side of my hand (no cream) and the right (Snow White Cream)! The right side is so much smoother and brighter than the left.
I can see a very small difference between the below before and after on my face because my face is paler than my hands (dam driving tan!). I really like popping this cream on for days where I don't want to wear make up, but want to look like the same colour.
Do make sure that it's thoroughly patted into the skin though, I thought that I had gotten all traces of the cream but I had a lot of white streaks around my eyebrows! >< Not the cutest look.

What I Love
- Moderately cute packaging
- Cream comes with a little hygienic spatula
- Cream lightens the skin by one shade 


What I Don't Love
- Cream is highly fragranced (can be irritating)
- Cream has unstable packaging
- Too much cream can result in flakey/pilling of product
- Cream needs to be thoroughly patted into the skin
- Cream doesn't control excess oil/sebum
- Cream doesn't help makeup look better or last longer
- Mask leaves a gross residue on the face


Final Thoughts
I am not particularly fussed with either of these products to be entirely honest. I don't really like that they promote only white skin as being beautiful because it's simply not true, brightening the skin is totally fine, but the Milky Pack basically leaves a weird white layer on your skin which is probably going to look unnatural on most skin tones.

The Milky Pack does whiten the skin, but it does it by leaving a residue on the skin which I do not like one bit. I'm sure it would whiten the skin after some time due to the Niacinamide, but I just think that the pure white residue left behind on the skin will look so ghostly for most darker skin tones.
The Cream does work nicely when I'm using it to lighten my skin by one shade (my neck is lighter than my face) but it has very little hydration, unstable packaging, doesn't control excess oil, doesn't make my make up last longer and is highly fragrances which is irritating for some sensitive skin.

I would recommend the Milky Pack for any Princesses looking to drastically whiten their skin but don't have sensitivity to Niacinamide. I would recommend the Cream to any Princesses looking to lighten their face by one shade, but not looking for a moisturiser, more of a make up base.

19 comments:

  1. It's too bad the pack isn't really effective! It's strange that it leaves a residue
    I really like the Cloud 9 whitening cream- it has a super weird texture but it's really effective, you should check it out! ^_^
    http://redsakurabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard really good things about the Cloud 9 cream! Thank you for the recommendation! ^.^

      Delete
  2. I'm like you, very pale and like to be that way. When I was in Sydney last year, I got heaps of freckles and sun damage, even though I wore a hat and sunblock. It was so bad, I looked muddy in places and pale in others. The Sephora had just opened, so I picked up one of their house brand sheet masks - from memory it was the Pearl one (the whitening and brightening one). I'm not kidding, after wearing it for 20 minutes, my freckles were GONE. My skin was so whitened! It was incredible. I highly recommend that mask, although they are hard to get hold of. I've seen them for sale on Amazon before, or if you're ever in Sydney. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I'm very very very dry (pretty much lizard skin), and it was nice and moisturising too! I'm not sensitive though, so not sure about that aspect of the product.

      Delete
    2. Ooh I'll definitely try and find one of those! I was in Melbourne recently but their Sephora hadn't opened yet argh!

      Delete
  3. I like trying entire an entire product line at once. To bad it didn't work for you, the whitening stuff residue sounds gross I wouldn't want that on my face ( although I do imagine the Niacinamide to work over time

    Beautish.byMaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for reviewing these products. I've always caught myself looking into purchasing it because of the cute packaging and honestly, I like the name haha. Now I know to avoid it. Too bad it wasn't that great :(

    I'm a new follower :)

    http://stressedbutkawaii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have also bought these for the name and packaging ><

      Delete
  5. hi i am tripti i want use to this Product but i am worried because i think when i stop using this product my skin become a dark Complex what? Please Answer me... Please help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She means that she is afraid if she stop using this lotion regularly, she will become dark again, it is like an addiction

      Delete
  6. pičo vybuchni normalně pojebu tě i stou pičovinou a hned vybledneš pičoooooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have received some samples of this product and tried it once or twice before deciding that it wasn't worth it. I have a fair skin tone but I used it to hide some of my reddish acne scars, it didn't work as I expected it to be. I think that tomatox works slightly better than this one.

    My Korea Obsession | Korean beauty products' reviews, beauty tips and DIYs

    ReplyDelete
  8. can it be used to body? or only for face?n whitening of skin is temporary?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This website was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got great information from this blog.It is very informative..
    skin whitening products

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, just wanted to ask if the milky pack came with any seals? like those "silver seals" that blocks the cream from coming out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...