Monday 9 November 2015

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about my all time favourite setting powder, the Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder! I've been using this powder for almost two years now, and I'm still on my first 15g jar even though I literally use it every time I wear make up!

"Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder is a finish powder made with Sake and Peach Extracts. Helps to relieve skin troubles caused by excess sebum. The ultra-fine micro-silica powder keeps the skin fresh and soft as silk. Peach extracts naturally soften your skin while hydrating it at the same time. It is also known to soothe oily and troubled skin. Sake extract is effective at controlling sebum production and regenerating cells for clearer healthier skin.

Benefits:
    Oil Control
    Matte Finish
    Relieves troubled skin
    Softens
    Hydrates

How to Use:
Apply on the entire face using a puff or a powder brush."(1

One of the only things I don't love about this powder is the packaging. It's cute, but not functional. It's absolutely massive for starters because it's a 15g jar rather than a 5-10g jar, it also has a hole in the top of the lid. 
This lets air out when you put the lid on, but it also lets powder out if you tip if over which is awful for travel. It also just get messy when you just take the lid off which is just ridiculous. I put mine in an old MAC powder jar so that I can take it travelling.
This powder can leave a white cast if you over apply it, but it leaves me with a very smooth feeling on my skin with one thin layer. It helps to smooth out my pores a little and provide the tiniest bit of coverage for my flawed skin.
I have been using this powder for all of my foundation/BB Cream reviews almost since I started this blog. Obviously I review other powders, but this is my go-to because I know what results to usually expect from it! Browse through my BB Cream or Foundation Reviews to see how this powder works with other products!


What I Love
- Lasts five-ever
- Smells like peaches!
- Works well to keep skin matte
- Not drying for the skin
- Suitable for oily or dry skin
- Helps to smooth pores


What I Don't Love
- Not travel friendly packaging


Final Thoughts
This is my absolute Holy Grail powder! It's cheap, last such a long time, has a pleasant smell of peaches and works really well for my skin. It helps my skin stay matte for as long as possible (not forever, it doesn't block my pores from producing oil at all) and makes my skin look and feel silky soft.

I absolutely adore this powder, and I would recommend this product for any Princesses looking for a good setting powder. ^.^

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, thanks for this review!
    I've been needing a new powder, and I was considering this one, so I think this has made my choice final :3
    http://redsakurabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good choice for both oil control and money saving ;)

      Delete
  2. what would you say is your second favorite, innisfree? i can't stand the smell of peaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Innisfree is the runner up! The main difference between to two powders is that this Skinfood powder leaves a silky feeling to the skin whereas the Innisfree just feels like regular skin. Also of course the smell is different too ;)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever tried using it as a dry-shampoo substitute? I promise you, it's the most life changing experience I have ever had. I hate washing my hair because it takes so long to dry, and I always have to straighten or blow dry it because it'll look fuzzy and not... nice... if I don't. This, obviously, can certainly take a toll on ones long strands of high maintenance hair. So this one time when my hair was... passable... but on the verge of being greasy, I got the powder into my hairline by accident. The change was instant and I couldn't believe my own eyes. It didn't just look non-greasy, but it felt clean and fresh! It was amazing! So I started lightly tapping a tiny amount all over my hair, making sure to get it into my scalp and blending it well, and BAM! Fresh as newly out of the shower. To this day I cannot live without it. It has become my holy grail. I have showed it to friends and family and they have all been amazed. Let me know if it works for you too if you decide to try! I'm always curious as to what people think of this unconventional way of using the product.
    PS. I was worried it wouldn't work for my black haired beautiful asian friend, but blended well it hardly shows at all! (Except it does take away some glossiness from the hair, but that would make perfect sense, wouldn't it?) ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only use this on my hair! Haha, nice to know there's someone else...

      Delete
  5. Ooooh!Fancy~ I don't like when my face has a shiny look, and I have been looking for a makeup product that makes it look matte. Does this powder suit all skin colors? I don't want it to look so white compared to my neck (hate it when that happens.) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...