Monday 25 January 2016

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Bioré Watery Essence Sunscreen

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Bioré Watery Essence Sunscreen! This is one of my Holy Grail Sunscreens along with the Missha All-Around Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk that I reviewed years ago and although I like them both for different purposes, I think they are equally good sunscreens for me!



Contains unique Aqua Micro Capsules with UV block ingredient to provide superior SPF 50+/PA++++ protection while keeping skin cool and refreshed. It is enriched with Hyaluronic Acid & Citrus essence to hydrate and soften skin. Its water-based texture spreads easily and get adsorbed easily without a white cast. Suitable to be used on face."(1)
This sunscreen has really beautiful light blue packaging and is quite small since it's only 50g.
It has a great squeeze nozzle and stands on it's top so that you get almost 100% of the product out!
It has a light yellow colour and is pretty thin in texture. It will slide around my hand if I leave it there long enough! It blends into my skin seamlessly and absorbs super quick, leaving a matte finish.
This does have a heavy citrus scent, coupled with a strong smell of alcohol. The scent of alcohol dissipates very quickly leaving my face smelling like oranges which I find quite pleasant. The alcohol in the sunscreen doesn't irritate my skin or make it feel very dry, so I'm totally happy with it!
What I Love
- Has a nice citrus scent (with alcohol)
- Absorbs super quickly
- Leaves a matte finish on my skin
- Inexpensive at $25NZD
- Great size at 50g (travel friendly!)  


What I Don't Love
- Strong alcohol scent initially


Final Thoughts
I absolutely adore this sunscreen! The only thing that is slightly niggly about this product is that it does smell strongly of alcohol, but that evaporates so quickly that I don't find the scent irritating at all for my sense of smell or for my skin. I find that this sunscreen absorbs quickly without leaving white cast on my skin or having a greasy finish, it's pretty inexpensive at $25NZD and is pretty travel friendly in a 50g bottle. I'm so keen to try out more Bioré sunscreens so I can compare them!

I would recommend this sunscreen to any Princesses looking for a fantastic all round sunscreen and don't mind the scent of citrus and alcohol!

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...