Wednesday 24 February 2016

Review: MAC Prep n Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the MAC Prep n Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose! I've had this little highlighter pen for about a year and I really quite like it! It's a little (mostly) hidden gem for us pale people  since it is quite light and very brightening! ^ ^
"A pen-style highlighter that efficiently brings a soft, sheer wash of colour to the skin. With its precision application, it adds radiance just where you want it. Goes on smoothly for cushion-soft wear. Use over makeup for highlights, touch-ups or under makeup to brighten and prime."(1)
This highlighting pen is super easy to use, a couple of clicks gives me enough product to highlight under my eyes well enough, though I do find that this product dries quickly, so I like doing one eye first before doing the other. It can get a little cakey when over applied like the bottom photo, so I like to use a nice thin layer.
This highlighter is lighter than my own skintone - yay! It really helps that this is a pink toned highlighter because it contrasts my yellow skin, providing a brighter highlight!
I really like applying this in an inverted triangle under my eyes. I find that it really brightens up my complexion and makes my eyes look brighter! I also like applying it to the bridge of my nose, chin and forehead, but these aren't super necessary steps for me.
Now, this is not a proper highlighter for me, but more like a brightener! I'm not into the super highlighted/contoured skin so that doesn't phase me, but if you're looking for a super bright highlight for skin, this is the wrong place to look!

One of the little quirks of this product for me is that I can't apply foundation under my eyes if I want to use this product because with the double layer of product it does emphasise my under eye creases (the cheek area is fine since there are not lines!). I also don't love the pen style because it does get quite grubby which is unhygienic for me!


What I Love
- Great colour for fair skin
- Easy to apply and blend
- Makes skin look lovely and radiant
 

What I Don't Love
- Can get a little cakey
- Can creases badly over heavy foundations
- Pen brush is a little unhygenic


Final Thoughts
The MAC Prep n Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose is really nice for fair skin, it's lightweight and radiant, and I really can't find something comparable that's cheaper at the moment! I find that it's perfect to just brighten up my under eye area which is such a small step for me, but makes quite a big difference

I really adore this product, and I think that it's a little gem for us Porcelain Princesses! I would recommend this product if you're looking for a luminous, brightening highlighter for pale skin! :3

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...