Wednesday 13 April 2016

Review: Etude House Double Lasting Foundation

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the brand new Etude House Double Lasting Foundation! This arrived on my doorstep three days ago and since it is such a new product I really wanted to get this First Impression style review up quickly since the product colours are so ... uh, interesting!
"What it is:
Long-lasting foundation provides perfect cover and thin, fitting feel.

How to apply
1. Gently shake the bottle up and down before use.
2. Take an appropriate amount of the Double Lasting Foundation and gently apply in the direction of skin texture.
3. Gently pat the face with the fingertips to increase adherence and absorption into skin.

Ingredients
Water, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methyl Trimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947), Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Disodium Edta, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Silica, Adenosine, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysorbate 80, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Fragrance"(1)
 This foundation comes packaged in a sturdy glass bottle that is very practical, but not very much like the usual Etude House packaging!
The bottle comes with a pump as well as a cap which I like, it's great for travel and very hygienic!
The foundation also comes with it's own brush which is quite interesting, it is angled, but it's almost like it's a flat edge with an extreme angle. I find this brush to be of average quality, you can use almost anything to apply this foundation with the same effect as this does.
I purchased the shade Vanilla, which is the second lightest shade. The lightest shade, Fair, seemed extremely pink on the swatches, so I ended up changing to Vanilla at the last minute.
This shade is very beige toned, it's not yellow or pink, but very beige. It starts off being a shade too dark for me, and oxidises to be 3-4 shades too dark. How disappointing!
I found it easy to apply with brushes, fingers or sponges, though for fuller coverage I recommend using a brush, and for sheerer coverage a sponge works best.
It sets on my skin quite quickly, but doesn't appear matte or caky, it is quite lightweight and comfortable on the skin. It does have quite good medium to full coverage, it's not as creepily full coverage as I find Estee Lauder Doublewear to be, but more like MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Actually, it's pretty much exactly like MAC Studio Fix Fluid. I did set this foundation with my regular powder which made it transfer proof, though my face did feel ever so slightly tacky to the touch.
The colour is quite frankly, awful on me. I'm used to looking quite pale and yellow, so this shade made me feel like I had gotten the weirdest tan on my face. You can also see where I blended it down my neck and then gave up.
After 6 hours this foundation looks pretty dam good. My skin is only slightly oily, but this foundation didn't let any shine through! It didn't go patchy, the worst that happened was that it started to look slightly cakey under my lower lip, but I think this is something to do with my skin rather than the foundation.
Since I purchased this on the release date, I was also sent the Foundation Trial Kit with 4 out of 5 shades of foundation!
The sample sachets are so dinky and cute! They didn't actually have the shade names written on them though which is a little annoying.
It seems that all of the shades oxidise really awfully. It's also interesting to see Etude House making very different tones in each shade. The Fair is very pink, Beige is very yellow, while Vanilla and Sand are both very beige toned!
Porcelain Princesses beware, if the middle shades are too dark for you already, run away clutching your wallets now.
Neither of the lightest shades are particularly Porcelain Princess friendly, though if you are extremely pink toned, you may like the Fair shade! The Fair shade is quite literally the pinkest foundation I have ever come across.
Like, it makes the MAC NW10 look yellow in comparison. Forget about the Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in 13 on the far right there, this Fair shade is not actually that fair.
For the less Porcelain of Princesses, the other shades really aren't that great either. If Missha Signature Complete in 21 is too light for you then I'm not quite sure what to tell you.
The contrast in tones is far greater than the actual shade contrast between these shades. Apologies for these swatches, these are the darkest two BB Creams I own (since I tend to give away the darker ones that I don't use for storage reasons).

What I Love
- Medium to full coverage
- Lasts really well
- Lightly oil controlling
- Easy to apply with brushes, sponges or fingers
- Makes my skin look naturally flawless


What I Don't Love
- No colours suit my skin
- Emphasises dry areas


Final Thoughts
I would love to love this foundation, but unfortunately both of the lightest colours are just too far away from my skin tone for this foundation to be feasible. If you enjoy MAC's Studio Fix Fluid and suit any of these colours then I would recommend trying this foundation out because it is quite a nice one! However, with how extreme the tones are and how small the colour range is, I'm not sure how many Princesses will suit this foundation. 

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. What a weird shade range! I don't think even I could use the lightest shade, even though NW10 is the perfect match for me. Who in the world is that pink-toned??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave it a go yesterday and looked like, too flushed? It's so weird seeing my face look so tan in comparison to the pale shades I usually wear! ><

      Delete
  2. Hi everyone, I found this blog while I was looking for Korean cosmetics!
    Thanks a lot for your job and all your opinions.
    In any case, I am the one who will fit the pinkest shade of that foundation :)
    Sorry if I made mistakes, but english is not my language :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I was wondering what setting powder you used because I am trying to find a setting powder that actually does the job to set my foundation. BTW, you are seriously eyelash goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly thank you for the review!

    Second, it is soooo weird that my Missha Signature Complete #23 is lighter than the #21 that you've shown!! What sorcery is this? Probably this is the new version or something coz mine is dated back like a few years ago..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I don't own the shade 23, did you mean shade 13?

      Delete
  5. hey, i have very dry skin because of my eczema, i was wondering if this product is suitable for dry skin ??? if not is there any bb creams or foundations that you would recommend ???

    Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...