Wednesday 22 June 2016

Review: Holika Holika Sweet Cotton Sebum Clear Powder In Mist

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Holika Holika Sweet Cotton Sebum Clear Powder In Mist! This is such a cute little product, it contains a powder within a mist and claims to lock your make up in place, similar to a loose or pressed powder!
"Infused with a blend of cranberry, dragon fruit, apple mint, and powder, this facial mist replenishes dehydrated skin and locks in makeup in place with a silky, cotton-like finish. Lightweight and non-sticky, Holika Holika Powder In Mist creates a sweat-proof, non-smudging coat over your face for a fresh-looking makeup that does not melt down as your day goes on. 

How to use
Spray evenly over face to coat a hydrating and lasting finish to your makeup."(1)
This mist comes packaged in an adorable bottle which reminds me of carousels for some reason. The bottle is a little flimsy since it's made of plastic, so I'm not sure how it would hold up during travel. It has a pump nozzle which sprays out a fine spray.
This spray is colourless which is great for spraying over make up, though I do find it difficult to get a good even spray if I have the bottle far enough away to avoid big droplets. I find the mist to be quite harsh, it's not really a mist as such since it isn't a fine mist, I think of it more like a spray similar to a garden hose.
The mist does apply quite a lot and it takes quite a while to dry. I misted the photo left side of my face in the below photo, and you can see what the misted side looks like in comparison to the un-misted side. I find that it makes my skin appear quite luminous and dewy rather than having a cotton like finish which it claims to. I find that it does emphasise my pores slightly, but it's not awful. In terms of feel, I can't feel it at all on my skin when I move my face, and when I touch my face it feels no different to the un misted side either.
Today I wore the Innisfree Long Wear Cushion for a total of 6 hours with no powder (very rare for me!) and only misted the photo left half of my face. I didn't notice a difference in wear for my cushion that day, and my face looked fine on each side. There was a small amount of oil through my T-Zone, but this is pretty normal for me if I don't powder at all. Considering this is supposed to be a powder in mist I did think that it would make a small difference, but if it did it is very minute.
I also tried applying it over my trusty Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Powder. The mist looks like I tried to catch rainfall with my face.
Again, this mist didn't make any difference to my skin after a whopping 12 hours of work and shopping. Both sides look and feel just as oily as each other. I also trialled it by re-misting every 3 hours, but again, no difference so I didn't bother to collage the photographs. Eh.

What I Love
- Inexpensive at around $10USD
- Cute packaging
 - Leaves my skin looking dewy and luminous


What I Don't Love
- Doesn't leave a cotton like finish
- Doesn't help make up stay longer
- Doesn't seal in make up
- Spray feels quite harsh
Final Thoughts
This mist doesn't really live up to any of the claims other than caring for dehydrated skin since it did leave my skin looking dewy and luminous. This little claim is what stops this from being popped in the Fail Review pile, since I still get really good use out of this mist when I over apply my setting powder, or just make my skin look a little too cakey. Other than that, it really doesn't do much else since there is not oil control, matte finish and sealing of make up which it claims to do. It's an interesting product (with super cute packaging), but unless you're after a luminous setting spray I would stay away from this mist.

I would however recommend the Sweet Cotton Sebum Clear Powder in Mist to any Princesses looking for a dewy, luminous mist!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...