Monday 25 July 2016

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Etude House Etoinette Heart Highlighter

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Etude House Heart Highlighter! I have only recently purchased this highlighter and have fallen head over heels in love with it! It is a little mean of me to talk about this product since it isn't very easy to purchase, but I'll make sure to talk about the negative aspects too!

"Etude House Etoinette Heart Highlighter is a baked heart-shaped highlighter with various white colors that smoothly glide onto your face to provide skin with a healthy radiant look. Fine pearl powder adds a luminous glow to the face whenever it catches in the light, creating a gorgeous glimmer. Let this highlighter make all your romantic princess dreams come true!

Directions: Carefully add the heart shaped highlighter to the container. Use puff to apply wherever needed at the last steps of face makeup."(1)


This highlighter comes in a gorgeous pink box which is too pretty for me to ever throw out. I'm a pretty packaging hoarder for sure!
The highlighter itself is housed in an elegant pink jar with heart embossed embellishments. It's super cute and a little luxurious, even though it's made entirely of plastic! This makes it super lightweight and quite resilient. 
The highlighters come in three subtle colours, and of course are shaped like hearts! These are super duper fragile and break very easily as you can see with the little middle heart! I really like that they have three colours of highlighter, you can always use these separately, but I find that it makes it so much easier to create the best colour for your personal complexion.
The hearts sit inside the pot and are very likely to break if you shake the pot. There is also a little puff that comes with this, but this is pretty useless for applying highlight since it is circular.
The three colours of the highlight are lovely, there is a shimmery beige shade, shimmery gold, and a shimmery silver! These are absolutely gorgeous by themselves, and you can totally just pick up a heart (delicately) and use it by itself.
But I prefer to mix all three colours together to get the below highlight shade! It's absolutely gorgeous, just the right amount of shimmer without looking too unnatural, yet still looking like I used a highlighter.
This highlighter suits my skin quite a lot, and I really enjoy using it! I'm not really much of a highlighter fan, and I don't love the extreme highlight look on my skin personally, especially since I usually go for a dewy skin look, the highlighting can look too intense and sweaty.
I absolutely adore this highlighter, I have no regrets buying this product, and it is another item that I wish I purchased earlier!
What I Love
- Beautiful, elegant packaging
- Lightweight and resilient packaging
- Three subtle highlight colours
- Highlight shades can be used separately or mixed together
- Really subtle, very suited for my "look"  


What I Don't Love
- Hearts are so, sadly fragile
Final Thoughts
I'm not sure if I'm just a sucker for adorable packaging, or I've just found the right amount of shimmer for my highlight, but I've never actually enjoyed highlighting my face as much as I do when I use this product. I am pretty upset that this is a limited edition item, because I adore it so much, but I think you can find these for extortionate prices on EBay if you're willing to splash the cash! It's absolutely gorgeous, and the only downside is that the little hearts break if you don't store them properly. It's not much of a compromise for me since I don't travel often, but they do break pretty easily and it's not something I would recommend travelling with because of this.

I would definitely recommend the Etude House Etoinette Heart Highlighter for any Princesses looking for a subtle, super cute highlighter! ^ ^ 

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I so want this! Just for the packaging ~ I love how it looked on you, super pretty and the highlighter seems subtle but still is able to shown on the skin which is amazing!

    ♡ http://kayxcake.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that is a gorgeous highlighter!
    Lexie | Nail Girl

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...