Saturday 3 December 2016

First Impression: Etude House Berry AHA Bright Peel Mild Gel and Boosting Serum

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the Etude House Berry AHA Bright Peel Mild Gel and Boosting Serum! These are fairly new products, so when I received some of these samples I was really excited to try them out!
What Does It Do?
Berry AHA Bright Peel Mild Gel
"The gomage-type peeling mask makes skin look smooth and clear by gently removing stubborn dead skin cells with plant-derived cellulose.

How to apply
Dry face after cleansing and dispense certain amount, evenly applying onto face in a circular motion for 2~3 minutes with fingertips.
Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.


Water, Cellulose, Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Betaine, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Allantoin, Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lactic Acid, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Palmitoyl Proline, Ceramide Np, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol"(1)
The peel is designed to be used on dry skin and it balls up to give your skin mild exfoliation. A lot of people are under the impression that the balled up product is all of your dead skin or oil etc, but it's not at all, no matter if how many times you use it in a row on your skin it will always have the same effect, so it's not your dead skin in the little balls, don't worry. ^ ^
I quite liked using this peeling gel and felt like my skin was ever so slightly brighter after using it. It does have a small amount of Lactic Acid in the ingredients (as well as Lemon?) which may be responsible for the brightening, but I really disliked the scent of this gel. It smelt 100% of strong alcohol which I really don't like and I feel like it might dry out my skin with extended use too.
Berry AHA Bright Peel Boosting Serum
"The first-step peeling essence for skincare removes dead skin cells and impurity residue daily.

How to apply
After washing the face, at the first step of skincare, dispense an appropriate amount on a cotton pad and apply on the face in the direction of skin texture, starting from the inside and working outward in a gentle blotting motion.

Water, Alcohol, Methylpropanediol, Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract, Algae Extract, Eclipta Prostrata Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract , Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tromethamine, Butylene Glycol, C12-14 Pareth-12, Salicylic Acid, Carbomer, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Dipropylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium Edta, 1,2-Hexanediol, Menthyl Pca, Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide, Fructooligosaccharides, Lecithin, Beta-Glucan, Sodium Palmitoyl Proline, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Acetic Acid, Lactic Acid, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol"(2)
This boosting serum is clear in colour and has a very thin gel texture. It absorbs quickly into my skin and leaves a matte finish.
I didn't see any benefits from using this Boosting Serum, instead I got a few tiny whiteheads! I haven't had any acne in about a year, so I immediately threw the sample in the bin and ran away screaming. Ok, it wasn't so dramatic, but I used it once, woke up to about 5 little whiteheads and was quite shocked. No thanks!
Would I Purchase This Product?
No. I didn't mind using the Mild Gel, but I don't have any faith that the heavy amounts of alcohol in the product would be good for my skin in the long run, and I absolutely hated the Boosting Serum since it gave me little whiteheads. It's a no from me Etude House, but I still love your make up! ^ ^

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...