Thursday 1 December 2016

Review: MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC10 VS NW10

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC10 and NW10! I talked about the NW10 formula back in April, so this is going to be more of a comparison of the colours for reference rather than a proper review as my opinion on the formula has not changed. This is the first time I've ever seen MAC make NC10 so I thought it was worth a comparison between the two lightest shades they offer.

"A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium to full buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15/PA++ protection. Applies, builds and blends easily and evenly. Comfortable and long-wearing, it helps minimize the appearance of pores and imperfections, giving skin a smoother, more flawless look and finish. 

Long-wearing, 8 hours
Offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15
Refines skin
Provides comfortable, all-day oil control
Oil-free
Sweat- and humidity-resistant
For all skin types
Dermatologist tested
Non-acnegenic"(1)
MAC's shade system is a little odd, NW is for Cool or Pink toned skin so I refer to it as Not Warm, whereas NC is for Warm or Yellow toned skin. It's backwards. The number system is more logical, the smaller the number the lighter the colour. I have previously tried NC15 as a sample as I have very yellow, warm toned skin, but this was substantially too dark for my skin, so I ended up with NW10 even though it is completely the wrong undertone. I mostly use this foundation for performances or very long days when I need my foundation to be flawless and fuller coverage
NW10 is very cool toned, whereas I would say that NC10 is more neutral toned. In comparison to NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia, NC10 looks comfortably neutral.
However, if I apply NW10 to one side of my face and NC10 to the other, it is very difficult to see the difference in colour.
NC10 definitely looks a little better next to my neck than NW10 does, but in all honesty they look very, very similar.
Final Thoughts
I do quite like the Studio Fix Fluid, and I think that NC10 suits me slightly better than NW10. However, the colours really are not substantially different enough for me to comfortably recommend buying NC10 if you already have NW10. If NARS Siberia is the perfect warm toned shade for you, then NC10 is going to be a touch too neutral. I bought NC10 because I got excited that MAC even made it, but I feel like I wasted $70NZD because it's just not that different to NW10 which I already owned.

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. cant really tell the difference haha~ maybe because you're such a light color skin so cant say there is any difference~ mac is on sale i think 25%~ always loved there lipstick now will be garbing the foundation i guess~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for the review! As always it's super useful for a pale person like me. Do you think NC10 compares to Innisfree C13 in terms of neutralness? If I am not mistaken, you did have some sort of Innisfree cushion. I've been looking forward to buying a MAC foundation but unfortunately they didn't have a shade similar enough to be worth the money. I got the Innisfree cushion after you recommended it as pale and neutral and I am super happy with it. It's quite close to perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh they are quite similar, though the MAC is a touch more on the yellow side if anything! I believe C13 would be the same the Innisfree Ampoule Intense in 13 rather than the Longwear in 11.

      Delete
  3. If you're looking for a good contextual advertising network, I recommend that you check out Clicksor.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...