Tuesday 10 January 2017

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Banila Co Miss Flower and Mr Honey Essence Oil

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Banila Co Miss Flower and Mr Honey Essence Oil! I have talked about the Miss Flower and Mr Honey Cream previously as it is a Holy Grail for me (and definitely still is!) however the oil turned out to be a huge acne filled fail for me.
"Banila Co's Miss Flower & Mr. Honey Essence Oil is a multi purpose essence oil formulated with many amazing ingredients - a delight for your skin. You can use this rich and moisturizing essence oil in your serum step of your skincare routine and also by adding a drop or two into your creams/bb cream/cc cream to add that extra bit of radiance.

Collagen extract, glycerin, water, methylgluceth-20, polyglycerin-3, niacinamide, ethanol, honey extract, aureobasidium pullulans ferment, theobroma cacao (cocoa) extract, royal jelly extract, propolis extract, chrysanthellum indicum extract, plukenetia volubilis seed oil, argania spinosa kernel oil, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, anthemis nobilis flower extract, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed extract, calendula officinalis flower extract, pentylene glycol, PEG-8, butylene glycol, glyceryl polyacrylate, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, adenosine, tromethamine, caprylic/capric triglyceride, octyldodecanol, hydrogenated coco-glyceride, sodium starch octenyl succinate, maltodextrin, calcium pantothenate, hydrogenated lecithin, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, tocopheryl acetate, pyridoxine HCI, silica, xanthan gum, carbomer, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, fragrance"(1)
Just like the Cream, this Oil has beautiful packaging. Since it is very metallic, I find that the packaging shows off my dirty hand prints quite a lot and does get grubby quite quickly.
This oil has a small dropper top which is really hygienic and it makes it easy to access and distribute the product since it is a liquid.
The Oil is a very faint pale yellow shade and smells just as amazing as the cream does. These seriously smell like the most delicious fake honey. I find this oil easy to spread out evenly on the skin and it absorbs pretty quickly for an oil.
I immediately notice a difference in the redness on my skin after applying this product. I do notice a little bit of an added glow, but nothing in comparison to the glow I see after using the cream.
I don't find this oil very moisturising by itself of mixed into another cream. The biggest benefit for me is that it reduces redness and smells lovely.
However, this oil consistently breaks me out. I've tried it five times over 6 months and it's broken me out every time that I use it which is really frustrating for me. This is the tamest of breakouts that I had, and this is what my skin looked like after one application. It's not horrible no, especially if I look back at what my skin looked liked before I started acne medication. But, it's not an effect that I want to see.
What I Love
- Smells amazing
- Pretty, functional packaging
- Quick and easy to apply 


What I Don't Love
- Not very moisturising
- Breaks my skin out


Final Thoughts
In comparison with how much I love the Miss Flower and Mr Honey Cream, this Essence Oil falls very flat. Sadly I can't use it because it breaks my skin out, but it offered very little hydration for my skin when I was using it that I just wasn't impressed by the product as a whole anyway. There are so many others that really do love this product, so if you're interested in this oil I would still suggest giving it a go even though I don't like it! It is a multi use product, it absorbs quickly for an oil, and it does reduce the redness in my skin, it's a pity that it breaks me out.

I would recommend the Banila Co Miss Flower and Mr Honey Essence Oil to any Princesses looking for a multi use oil that absorbs quickly and smells like the most delightful fake honey!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...