Tuesday 11 April 2017

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Holy Snails Shark Sauce

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Holy Snails Shark Sauce! As you might notice I only have a mini size of this powerful little serum, and it's taken me a while to figure out how I can utilize this to the fullest extent.
"Shark Sauce™ is a hydrating serum that contains 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) and 3% N-Acetyl Glucosamine, which work together synergistically to fight hyperpigmentation.  They, along with Panthenol (Vitamin B5), also work to help improve your skin barrier.

Licorice Root and Green Tea Extracts soothe and brighten skin, while Hyaluronic Acid and Sodium Lactate (the sodium salt of Lactic Acid, a popular AHA) hydrate.  The Sea Kelp Bioferment is the result of sea kelp fermented with Lactobacillus, which breaks it down into more bioavailable compounds for your skin to use.  It is a natural film former, and functions as a great oil-free moisturizer.


Ingredients:  (Distilled Water, Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid), Lactobacillus/Nereocystis Luetkeana Ferment Filtrate , Niacinamide, Licorice Root Extract, N-Acetylglucosamine, Sodium Lactate, Panthenol, Green Tea Extract, (Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben), Disodium EDTA"(1)
The packaging of this serum is so cute, but also very functional. It is a squeezy tube which allows very precise applications of the product. Although this product is called Shark Sauce, there are no ingredients derived from sharks in the ingredients.
This serum is clear in colour and has a thin gel like texture. It has no scent for me, but if I really try to sniff it there is a slight scent. I find this serum easy to spread across my skin and it sinks in quickly leaving no residue.
I found that when I used this serum over my whole face I did get some breakouts. However, I found that used as a spot treatment it was really very helpful! I've had quite a dark scar on my upper lip for about 4 years now that just would not fade. I've found that using Shark Sauce every night for one week that I have actually faded the scar quite nicely! It's not completely gone, but it's substantially lighter than I've ever seen before.
What I Love
- Handmade and ethically made
- It's nice to support a small business
- Cute, functional packaging
- Fairly priced, it's not insanely cheap, but not expensive either
- Works so well as a spot treatment to fade scarring 


What I Don't Love
- Breaks me out when used as a serum


Final Thoughts
I really wish I could use this as a traditional serum because it brightened up my face beautifully, but after about a week did break me out which is so disappointing. However, using this as a spot treatment works really well, and it's a product that I actually needed in my routine since I've had this pesky scar for four years! I also love supporting small businesses, and I have three other minis to try out from Holy Snails too (FYI, I bought these with my own money) so I'm excited to see what else might work well for me too!

I would recommend the Holy Snail Shark Sauce to any Princesses looking to fade pesky scars quickly!

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite thousands of grail reviews I've read a few things about the kelp ferment breaking some people out. The acid queen blogger also has a diy skincare brand (Stratia) and makes a niacinamide/licorice serum without the kelp, I haven't got my order yet so I can't guarantee it's as good but it is cheaper.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...