Thursday 6 April 2017

Review: Peripera Peri's Ink The Velvet (SS17 Shades)

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Peripera Peri's Ink The Velvet! I have the Spring/Summer17 shades because I thought they looked so pretty, but there are actually 10 other shades in this line too!

"Dive into the long-wearing lip color with INK LASTING. It's lacquer-like finish without feeling tacky or drying, creamy velvety texture."(1)
These lipsticks are housed in cute little containers and the outer colouring matches the actual lipstick colouring so it's easy to identify which shade is which. They have a doe foot applicator which makes the tint easy to apply, but they come out of the of the pot with a lot of product, so it can get quite messy. I have the Spring/Summer 17 shades which are absolutely beautiful, but are all warm toned.
11: Spring Orange
Spring Orange is a vibrant orange.
This is such a beautiful vibrant orange shade, and the formula is so pigmented. These remind me a lot of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams which I really like, but for me these aren't matte and I don't believe they are meant to be. I enjoy wearing this shade a lot, but it's a shade that I feel like I need to wear a full face with as it's so bright!
12: Pure Peach
 Pure Peach is the lightest shade out of the 5, and is a beautiful pastel peachy shade.
I swatched this on my arm and thought it was hideous, but on my lips I am actually in love! It's the perfect pale peach for my skintone, though I'm not sure how this shade would work on darker skintones.
13: Charming Coral
Charming Coral is a milky strawberry pink shade, though I'm not sure if I would go as far as to call it Coral.
Like Pure Peach, I am absolutely in love with this shade. It's the perfect pink for me, not too light but also not too bright! The formula works well with my lips when they're prepped well, but the lighter colours can really accentuate any flakes or flaws.
14: Beauty Peak Rose
Beauty Peak Rose is a beautiful dusty rose shade.
I quite enjoy wearing this shade and I think it looks quite nice on, but it does get overshadowed by how much I like the Peach and Coral shade. This shade is going to be much more versatile on different skintones though!
15: Girlish Red
Girlish Red is a vibrant orange based red.
This shade looks smooth and the colour is really pigmented so it doesn't look thick or cakey on my lips which is great. This is such a classic colour!
Here is what the shades look like all together! It's a very cohesive collection and they're all warm toned colours which work really well for my warm skin tone. Their lasting power is pretty good as they stain really quickly, however they do wear off when I eat of course.
What I Love
- Cute, functional packaging
- Easy to apply
- Super pigmented
- Lovely formula for well prepped lips
- Cohesive warm colour range
- They stain my lips which helps them fade gracefully 


What I Don't Love
- The wand brings out too much product
- Lighter colours accentuate flaws on lips


Final Thoughts
I'm really impressed with these lipsticks! Aside from the messiness around the rim because of all of the excess product, they're so easy to apply and reapply, the colour range is beautiful. I also find that they stain my lips so fast that they wear well throughout the day since the glossiness fades but the stained colour is still there. They remind me a lot of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams which a love, but they have a glossier rather than being fully matte. I'm so happy with the colours in this range too, I'll definitely be trying out the previous seasons colours too!

I would recommend the Peripera Peri's Ink The Velvet to any Princesses looking for easy to apply, vivid, lightweight lip colours! 

Follow on Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. O wow, Charming Coral is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look gorgeous on you, seriously! I would have never gotten Pure Peach or Charming Coral but seeing them on you really makes me want to get them! Awesome post with some many useful pictures and the video is also amaing!! good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! Thank you so much for reading! (:

      Delete
  3. this products review is so great . Really informative post. thanks for share this .

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lovely! I thought they would dry matte from 'velvet' in the name though. Regardless, they sound great!

    Lexie
    nailgirl.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. just wanted to say thanks for the swatches and review. it helps to see the swatches on an actual person (unlike their marketing images). they all look really great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just found your blog because I was looking for a review of the site KollectionK. And then I clicked on this article because I saw they had this product there and now I'm even more excited to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi thank you for the review! They all look lovely on you.
    Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. everything looks so good on u! so jealous! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello, thank you for the review!^^ can i save the picture for source?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, if I may ask, do they transfer (to cup or bottle, for example)?

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...