Thursday 1 June 2017

Review: Holika Holika Waterdrop Tinted Foundation

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Holika Holika Waterdrop Tinted Foundation! I bought this in the shade "Pale" because well, it comes in the shade Pale! 
Clean Jeju oxygen water and 10 kinds of moisture ingredients give water drop hydration. Light cover foundation with various powder cover pores and blemishes. Sebum control plant ingredients gives fit and higher lasting for long hours soft skin care. Open cap to pump with auto drop container.
The packaging of this foundation is very minimilistic, I love the dropper top though, it sucks in the foundation when you close the top so that it's always full and ready!
I have the shade "Pale" and it is quite pale! However, it does oxidise a little which is a little disappointing. It is very warm toned, so when it oxidises it does go a little orange. I've compared it to my perfect match which is NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia and it is a touch darker. It's pretty good for an under $10 foundation though!
I found this foundation very easy to apply, I can use brushes, sponges of puffs and still get a really lovely smooth finish. For a tinted foundation it also gives me quite a lot of coverage too which was quite surprising!
I'm having some BHA breakouts at the moment, so I thought I would show you guys what it looks like over light acne! It actually covers the redness very well, but it is a little dry and accentuates the texture of the blemishes. It is supposed to have a moisturising formula, but I don't agree with that, it actually has a matte finish.
After 9 hours the foundation looks pretty good from a distance. It's slightly dewy looking, but if you don't look too closely it looks like healthy beautiful skin.
However up close my skin looks kind of gross, there is a lot of separation. It sits in every pore and fine line and it almost looks like it needs to be re-blended.
I'm not pleased with how it looks at the end of the day, it does make me look quite old because it sits in all of the lines I would usually be able to hide. From a distance it's ok, but up close it just looks bad.
What I Love
- Inexpensive at under $10
- Pretty, functional packaging
- Comes in a very light, warm toned shade
- Very easy to apply
- Gives lovely medium coverage


What I Don't Love
- It does oxidise a little
- Separates badly after 9 hours
- Sits in every single fine line and pore possible 


Final Thoughts
This foundation is pretty cheap, and it comes in a very pale shade which is awesome! I really like the way it looks on my skin initially, but after a day of wear it just doesn't look good. It really accentuates any flaws, pores and lines on my skin which is quite aging and realistically something I want to avoid, but if you have pretty flawless skin already this is a nice choice! 

I think this foundation would be best suited to younger Princesses that don't need to worry about foundations settling into any lines, and it is at a good price point for younger Princesses too.

You can purchase this foundation from IBuyBeauti!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...