Tuesday 6 June 2017

Store Review: EyeCandy's

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about my shopping experience with EyeCandy's! I have been stalking EyeCandy's website for quite a while now because they stock the Lilmoon lenses, but I've not bought from them before for a reason.


Website Practicality
I find the EyeCandy's website aesthetically pleasing and it's easy to navigate. I found it easy to create a login, fill my cart and checkout. My only issue with this website was with the LilMoon lenses which is one of the reasons I wanted to shop here. With the Lilmoon lenses they list them at a certain price, but when you choose your prescription the price bumps up by at least $10USD when you choose your prescription. I've never come across this random price increase, so I asked Eyecandy's what it was about. They reported that the prescription was the reason for the price increase, but in all honesty, the LilMoon lenses are listed for the initial base price elsewhere without the increase for the prescriptions.

Price Comparison
Lilmoon is pretty hard to acquire in New Zealand and EyeCandy's is one of the only places that ships to me. Now that they no longer have the extra $10 prescription charge on the lens they are minutely cheaper than Pinkicon, but they used to be $10 more (which is ridiculous). The monthly lens still have the $10 extra charge though.

EyeCandy's
Lilmoon 1-Day = $26.50 

Pinkicon
Lilmoon 1-Day - $22.40 + Shipping $4.62 = $27.02 


Shipping and Packaging
I placed my order on the 8th of March and my order was shipped on the 9th. My order arrived at my house on the 18th of March, which I think is pretty good! My lenses came in a bright pink bubble wrap packet and nothing was damaged during transit. I loved that the shipping service emailed me every step of the way, so that on delivery day I was able to stick around to sign for the package rather than getting a card to call.


Products
Final Thoughts
I enjoyed my shopping experience with EyeCandy's quite a lot, they offer free, quick, tracked shipping and the prices are pretty average. It just annoys me that they charge a mysterious $10USD prescription fee for the Lilmoon monthly lens.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...