Tuesday 4 July 2017

Review: Holika Holika Covermazing Superfit Founstick

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Holika Holika Covermazing Superfit Founstick! I have the lightest shade which is 01 Warm Ivory, and I bought this product because the name really intrigued me, like they've merged 6 names into 3 and it also has a brush on the other end which could potentially make it awesome for travel!
Holika Holika Covermazing Super Fit Founstick. High fixing + High cover + Long-lastick superfit foundation stick. It perfectly covers skin blemishes and impurities for silky skin with super fit. Gives all day silky skin texture with injection polymer. Apply stick onto the area you wanted and rub with built in brush for easy and quick make-up. Contains natural oil ingredients of sunflower seed, evening primrose and sweet almond for skin-friendly cover make-up giving hydration effect.
The packaging of this foundation is quite elegant and very functional. The foundation winds up on one side, and on the other side there is a little mini kabuki brush which is so handy for travel. The brush is actually removable, so you can wash it without potentially getting the foundation wet which is great!
I have the shade 01 Warm Ivory! This shade swatches a little dark on my arm initially, but when it's blended out it's not a bad shade for me.
In comparison to my perfect shade which is Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia, this stick is definitely a little darker, but it is quite warm toned like the name would imply! It doesn't look bad on my skin at all, so I would say it's suitable for MAC shades NC10-NC15.
I found this foundation fairly easy to apply, I did find that I needed to use quite a lot of it because it doesn't spread very far. The brush on the end of the stick actually works really well which is great because that makes it ideal for traveling!
This foundation claims to perfectly cover blemishes, but I don't really agree with that at all. It provided very light coverage but nothing like the "covermazing" that I was expecting. I found the finish was very pretty when my skin already looked good, but it didn't do me any favours when my skin was dehydrated.
It is winter here in New Zealand and a place that gets especially dry for me is around my eyes, so you can see what it looks like on dry skin. It's not very flattering and does cling to any dry patches.
 After 8 hours wear it holds up pretty well from a distance.
Up close there is a little bit of oil, a little cakiness and the foundation has rubbed off on my chin. However, this is only what it's like when my skin looks good.
When my skin is dehydrated it looks more like this, it's not very pretty! I found that the foundation rubbed off a lot where my glasses touch my face when I smile (fat cheeks ha) and it sits in the lines around my mouth when I smile. This does age me quite a lot which I do not like!
What I Love
- Inexpensive between $5-8USD
- Elegant, functional packaging
- Comes with it's own brush that is removable
- Brush applies the foundation very well
- Great shade for MAC NC10-NC15
- Easy to apply


What I Don't Love
- Needed to use quite a lot of product
- Only provides light coverage
- Only looks good if your skin is already good


Final Thoughts
This is a beautiful foundation for Princesses that already have very hydrated, perfect skin. I don't think that it gives full coverage for blemishes, and if you're using acne treatment on those blemishes it's going to cling to the dry skin and make it look worse. The same goes for if you have dry/dehydrated skin in general, I found that it clung to any dry patches or lines, and since my skin was dehydrated it produced extra oil and this foundation didn't help with that. However, it's so handy having the product on one end and the brush on the other end because it would be so helpful for traveling and it is a lovely colour for those of us on the lighter end of the shade spectrum. It's not all bad, but it's also not all good, and it's a product I can only use when my skin is already perfect.

I would recommend the Holika Holika Covermazing Superfit Founstick to any Princesses that have pretty perfect skin already, and are looking for a foundation to travel with!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...