Tuesday 1 August 2017

Store Review: Althea

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about my shopping experience with Althea! I actually accidentally spent a lot of time shopping the Malaysian site because that's the first website that comes up when you google Althea. However I later found the US site which is the one that lets you actually ship internationally. Duh.


Website Practicality
I found Althea's website quite aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate. It was very easy to create an account, fill my cart and checkout.

Price Comparison
The prices on Althea are quite competitive, but some of the initial prices are listed SUPER high and then put on a big sale. Their shipping is also quite expensive, so you really do have to hit the free shipping tier otherwise it's not really worth spending the money there.


Althea
Skinfood Rice Wash Off Mask - $6.00 + Shipping - $11.00 = $17.00

Roseroseshop
Skinfood Rice Wash Off Mask - $5.25 + Shipping - $8.45 = $13.70

Cosmetic Love
Skinfood Rice Wash Off Mask = $9.13




Shipping and Packaging
I made my purchase on the 16th of April and it was shipped on the 19th. My shipping was free since my purchase was over $50, and since it was my first order I also received a $10 discount and a $10 rebate to spend later. 
My package arrived on May 1st which is pretty average in shipping time. However the package itself was actually worth the wait, the box was just SO PRETTY. There were a few oohs and ahhs when I opened the box. No samples were included in the order.
Products
Final Thoughts
Initially I wasn't a huge fan of Althea, mainly because I got stuck on the Malaysia site for a while (duh) and the shipping took the longest out of all of my April hauls. They definitely bought it back with the super cute shipping box, but there were also no free samples that while I am not entitled to them, I am accustomed to them. I'm not sure if I will shop with Althea again, only time will tell.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Aw too bad there's no sample though. :( I was planning to buy from them but I now have to re-think.

    confessions-of-hwoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...