Tuesday 26 September 2017

East VS West: Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid VS CosRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be comparing the Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid and the CosRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid! Both of these products are liquid BHA exfoliants, and I decided to try out each of these because I didn't like the wastage that the pre soaked pads had. For the CosRX I was unable to source a proper bottle, so I got 10 sample sachets instead which allowed me to test this product over one month (3 applications in each sample).
 Product Claims
Paula's Choice
This gentle, leave-on exfoliant rapidly unclogs pores, diminishes the appearance of wrinkles, and improves skin tone for unbelievably smooth, brighter, and firmer-looking skin.


CorRX
Blackheads and blemishes pick only the best moments to bother us. Fight off those pesty little blackheads and blemishes even before they happen with the all-natural BHA Blackhead Power Liquid ! It provides a deep cleanse to flush out your pores from all the nasty gunk and prevents blackheads from settling down to begin with !


Packaging
Paula's Choice
The Paula's Choice packaging is pretty nondescript and it has a shaker top
CorRX
The CosRX is also very nondescript, but the full size comes with a pump top which I prefer.
Product Performance
Paula's Choice
The Paulas Choice BHA has a thin, watery consistency. It's easy to apply to my skin, though it leaves a tacky finish even after a wait time of 20mins.
I find that the Paulas' Choice BHA helps reduce the size of my pores slightly and the amount of blackheads my nose seems to produce. I did not find that it had any effect on acne for my skin.
CorRX
The CosRX BHA also has a thin, watery texture. It is easy to apply and leaves no residue on my skin.
The CosRX worked exactly the same as the Paulas Choice, it helped reduce pore size as well as blackheads, though it didn't help my acne either.
Price Comparison
Paula's Choice
$32.14 NZD for 118ml
$0.27c per ml


CorRX
$28NZD for 100ml
 $0.28c per ml


Paula's Choice
- Boring, functional packaging
- Great price point
- Easy to apply
- Leaves a slightly sticky residue
- Helps reduce blackheads and pore size


CorRX
- Boring, functional packaging
Contains Niacinamide for extra brightening
- Great price point
- Easy to apply 
- Leaves no residue
- Helps reduce blackheads and pore size 


Final Thoughts
I find both of these products to be very similar in terms of effectiveness, results and price point which is awesome! The Betaine salicylate in the Cosrx products is 4%, but since the Paulas Choice contains Salicylic Acid at 2% these actually equal out in terms of percentage since Betaine Salicylate is far more gentle than Salicylic Acid. The biggest difference for me is that the Paula's Choice leaves a little sticky residue on the skin, whereas the Cosrx doesn't and also has a pump top which I personally prefer. So after I finish my Paula's Choice BHA I will be getting the full size of the CosRX!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...