Tuesday 28 November 2017

Review: Overnight Lip Mask Comparison

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be comparing three overnight lip masks! My Holy Grail lip mask is the Pure Smile Snail Lip Treatment which has sadly been discontinued, so I have been on the hunt for a new lip mask! I've chosen two other to compare it to though there are a lot more lip mask options out there too, including a Choosy mask that is supposed to be a replacement for the Pure Smile.

There are two masks in tub packaging which I hate, and one in a traditional lip balm shaped squeeze tube. I don't like the tub packaging because you have to put your fingers in it, and the lip masks are quite sticky which I find pretty gross.
It's a little hard to tell the difference between the three masks on my hands or on my lips since they're all clear in colour. I find that the Aritaum is very matte and sticky looking, whereas the Laneige and Pure Smile are a lot glossier.


Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
The Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask comes in a little tub but redeems itself by also coming with a spatula to apply the mask. It has a faintly pink colour and has a light berry scent which I find really pleasant. This is the most expensive lip mask.
This mask has the lightest texture and is best for me to use during summer. It's not substantial enough for me to use during winter, I find during the colder months I will wake up with dry lips which defeats the entire purpose of using a lip mask. However, it's really great for me to use during summer since I find the other lip masks too heavy to use during the warmer weather.



Aritaum Ginger Sugar Overnight Lip Mask
The Aritaum Ginger Sugar Overnight Lip Mask comes in a tub with no spatula. This has the stickiest texture and is incredibly unpleasant to stick my fingers into, so I use the Laneige spatula to avoid having to get out of bed to wash my sticky fingers. This mask has an interesting texture, it's very matte and sticky, but it also doesn't have any slip so I need to apply a little more than the other masks to spread it out evenly. This is the most inexpensive lip mask.
I find this mask great to use during winter since it is so thick, in the morning I still have a pretty thick layer of mask on which is awesome. This mask works best if I use a hydrating lip balm underneath and then apply this on type as an occlusive layer to stop the hydrating balm from disappearing during the night (life hack!). However, I do need to oil soak my lips in the morning to remove this mask because otherwise any lip colours I put over it will adhere weirdly. 

 
Pure Smile Snail Lip Treatment
The Pure Smile Snail Lip Treatment comes housed in your typical lip balm squeeze tube which I love. It's a lot easier to apply and portable this way! It has a thicker texture which means that it's still on my lips in the morning, but it's not too sticky and is easier to spread than the Aritaum mask.
This is still my Holy Grail lip mask, but when I run out of this tube (and my back up) I think the Aritaum will replace it since they are the most similar. I don't know why Pure Smile discontinued this lip mask!



Final Thoughts
All three of these lip masks are great options depending on your needs. I think the Laneige lip mask is best suited to Princesses who don't have super duper dry lips as it is a lighter option, or for use during summer because it is lighter. The Aritaum mask is best suited for Princesses who have issues with dry lips, we're talking about when you wake up with crusty, broken, bleeding lips. It's definitely not as nourishing as the Pure Smile, but it works best with a hydrating balm underneath for maximum benefit. It's so thick and sticky it stops the balm underneath from disappearing mysteriously throughout the night, but I do recommend putting a little oil cleanser on your lips in the morning to remove any excess mask too.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...